On the 17th day of the shelling and bombardment of Laas Anod city The following information pertains to the damages to Lasanod general hospital and suffering since Somaliland forces started shelling and targeting the hospital.
The main areas damaged in the hospital are:
- First, they hit electric wires and later shelled the solar panels and the hospital is now using small electric generators
- They hit with artillery the oxygen generator machine, which was supplying all other hospitals in the region
- Blood banks were hit by artillery
- Patient wards were hit by artillery
- Hospital offices were heavily damaged
We as doctors and employees are at continuous risk to be hit by artillery.
From the doctors in Laas Anod